ManyChat and Alterra bots can work together in Facebook Messenger. ManyChat will guide customers through a pre-built dialog flow using on-screen buttons while Alterra Answer Bot will respond to free-text messages
Your webhook for ManyChat Default Reply:
You can choose between two integration options:
- Light integration
- Full integration
Add both Alterra and ManyChat bots to your Facebook Page and let them work side by side.
Plan availability: all ManyChat accounts
- Before you proceed with this integration please make sure that your FAQ file has been uploaded to Alterra and the answer bot has been trained. Learn how to do it here
- Make sure your ManyChat bot doesn’t process any text input messages.
- Install Alterra Answer Bot for Facebook Messenger as described here.
As a result, ManyChat will handle pre-built dialog flows and broadcasts while Alterra will respond to free-text messages.
Plug Alterra in ManyChat as a Default Reply provider
Plan availability: available only to ManyChat PRO users
Before you proceed with this integration please make sure that your FAQ file has been uploaded to Alterra and the answer bot has been trained. Learn how to do it here.
Add a Dynamic Block, then click Add a request for dynamic content to set it up.
- Choose POST as a Request Type
- Use the webhook URL above for the Request URL.
- Use ‘User ID’, ‘Last Name’, ‘First Name’, ‘Last Text Input’ variables encoded as JSON for the Request Body.
Make sure Default Reply is enabled and fires every time.
Don’t forget to publish the changes.
The complete guide to creating Default Replies in ManyChat can be found here.